[Intel-gfx] [ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.7.0

Vasily Khoruzhick anarsoul at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 08:35:48 CEST 2009

On Friday 17 April 2009 00:00:51 Carl Worth wrote:

> Answering my own question, (since I talked with Eric this morning). This
> fix is now in Linus master and appeared in 2.6.30-rc2. (So, Vasily,
> perhaps you didn't have as new a kernel as you thought you did?)

It seems so, it was latest kernel (sys-kernel/git-sources) available in gentoo
portage

> > It seems this one helps,
>
> "helps" meaning that your X server now runs where it didn't before?

Nope, it means that this patch eliminates warning, X server runs nicely even
without this patch.

> > but I got following warning on dmesg:
> > ------------[ cut here ]------------
> > WARNING: at security/security.c:217 security_vm_enough_memory
> > +0x4e/0x50()
>
> This one doesn't mean anything to me. You're getting this when starting
> the X server?

Not sure, I'm trying to reproduce it...
BTW, this warning does no harm, and my laptop seems to work flawlessly with
all new bits: gem, kms, uxa :)

Thanks for 2.7.0 release! :) Keep up good work

> -Carl

Regards
Vasily