[Intel-gfx] Legacy backlight control with KMS and BACKLIGHT property

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Mon Aug 17 18:58:08 CEST 2009

On Aug 17, 09 09:12:52 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> > Greg, this wouldn't be a Samsung specific driver - it's an i915 specific
> > driver that provides the legacy interface. It usable on more than just
> > Samsung.
>
> It is?  What other hardware does this work on that does not provide the
> "proper" ACPI interfaces?
>
> Right now it's the only way to get the Samsung laptops working, so I'm
> sticking with only supporting them, unless other companies say it's how
> to control their hardware as well.
>
> Sound reasonable?

It's up to you. I have a different feeling, but can perfectly live with
your decision if that's it.

CU

Matthias, getting a bit confused due to the number of threads basically
running around the same topic ;-)

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg   (_   | |  (_   |__          mat at mshopf.de