[Intel-gfx] [ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.9.99.901

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Dec 1 05:22:02 CET 2009

Snapshot 2.9.99.901 (2009-11-30)
================================
This is the first release candidate in preparation for the upcoming
2.10.0 release. We will appreciate any feedback we can get from
testing of this snapshot to improve the 2.10.0 release.

With this snapshot, the xf86-video-intel driver requires kernel
modesetting (KMS) as all of the user modesetting (UMS) support has
been removed from the driver.

See the commit log for further changes in this release, and
developers, please provide me summaries for any major features in this
release that you think should appear in NEWS and in the 2.10.0 release
notes.

-Carl

Where to get this release
=========================
git tag: 2.9.99.901

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/driver/xf86-video-intel-2.9.99.901.tar.bz2
MD5: 1db4dec37d4c6a3412ecc1ff74dc1495  xf86-video-intel-2.9.99.901.tar.bz2
SHA1: 3e2c5752a2aae4ef4c8c4408cc97a82c7e844f49  xf86-video-intel-2.9.99.901.tar.bz2

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/driver/xf86-video-intel-2.9.99.901.tar.gz
MD5: 36ceb843f2e20dcaf21318bfa54c0be6  xf86-video-intel-2.9.99.901.tar.gz
SHA1: 825b2ca16781d3433c31674db0076b410af55682  xf86-video-intel-2.9.99.901.tar.gz

Log of changes from 2.9.1 to 2.9.99.901
=======================================
Albert Damen (2):
      Drop frontbuffer from crtc in I830CloseScreen
      Fix crash in uxa_acquire_pattern when pDst is NULL

Carl Worth (4):
      NEWS: Add generic notes for the 2.9.99.901 snapshot.
      configure.ac: Bump version to 2.9.99.901.
      NEWS: Note that the driver now has a hard dependency on KMS.
      Add i830_bios.h and i830_display.h to EXTRA_DIST.

Chris Wilson (29):
      Complete the removal of UMS build support
      uxa: Free the ScratchPixmapHeader after its associated Picture
      uxa: Refactor create Picture for pixman format
      conf: Add debugging flush options
      debug: Enable cache flushing after every operation
      uxa: Force alpha bits to fill remaining bits
      Check that batch buffers are atomic.
      i915: Check for overflow before overflowing.
      i915: Use the color channels to pass along solid sources and masks.
      i915: Fix texture sampling coordinates.
      uxa: Do not remove repeat from solids for 1x1 composites.
      i915: Derive the correct target color from the pixmap by checking its format
      Cleanup a few compiler warnings.
      uxa-glyphs: Stream uploads via temporary bo
      batch: Track pixmap domains.
      batch: Emit a 'pipelined' flush when using a dirty source.
      Only flush batch during prepare access if it may modify the pixmap.
      uxa: PutImage acceleration
      uxa-glyphs: Enable TILING_X on glyph caches.
      overlay: Fix build after 646b4a9483
      debug: Don't always flush the batch when emitting a debugging flush
      i915: Fix missing texture offset for mask.
      i915: Remove routing of alpha channel to green.
      debug: Enable dumping of batchbuffer [compile-time only]
      i915: Whitespace
      i915: Disable centre-point sampling.
      uxa: Remove cache flush for copy
      uxa: Initialise lists for private pixmap structure.
      uxa: Limit maximum size of tiled objects

Daniel Kahn Gillmor (1):
      Makefile.am: Add missing .g4i to be included in the tar file.

Daniel Vetter (22):
      Xv i830_display_video splitup: extract i830_calc_src_regs
      Xv i830_display_video splitup: extract i830_overlay_cmd
      Xv: rename i830_display_video to i830_display_overlay
      Xv: introduce planar memcpy helper
      Xv: use is_planar_fourcc helper some more
      Xv: kill hw double buffering logic
      Xv: kill destId in I830PutImage
      Xv I830PutImage splitup: extract i830_dst_pitch_and_size
      Xv I830PutImage splitup: extract i830_setup_video_buffer
      Xv I830PutImage splitup: extract i830_copy_video_data
      Xv I830PutImage splitup: extract i830_wait_for scanline
      Xv: small cleanups in I830PutImage
      Xv: scrap overlay offscreen pixmap support
      Xv: create xvmc_passthrough helper
      Xv: rework overlay buffer management
      Xv: introduce an overlay hal
      Implement drmmode overlay
      Xv overlay: remove some more dead stuff from ums overlay support
      Xv: fixup the disabled drmmode overlay code
      Xv overlay: further cleanups
      Xv overlay: fix planar YUV copy for right rotated crtcs
      Kill some more #defines only needed for User-Modesetting

Dave Airlie (1):
      drmmode: with 1.7 server, set mode major doesn't get gamma setup.

Eric Anholt (25):
      Remove error state dumping code.
      Remove UMS overlay support.
      Remove UMS support.
      Move to kernel coding style.
      Remove intel_idle, replaced by intel_gpu_top in intel_gpu_tools.
      Trim down the hotplug debug app.
      Remove the stepping debug app, replaced by version in intel_gpu_tools.
      Remove the reg_dumper code, now that it's been moved to intel_gpu_tools.
      Remove more dead UMS code.
      Rename the screen private from I830Ptr pI830 to intel_screen_private *intel.
      Rename the xf86 screen private from pScrn to scrn.
      Share several render fields between render implementations.
      de-pCamelHungarian the Render pictures and pixmaps.
      Call pPixmaps plain old pixmaps.
      Rename the xv pPriv to adaptor_priv to reflect whose private it is.
      Rename pDraw to plain old drawable.
      Rename pGC to gc.
      Rename pScreen to screen.
      Clean up more i830_memory.c madness.
      Replace dolt and shave with relying on current autotools.
      Enable XVMC by default on gen4.
      XVMC: Use XCB DRI2 instead of cargo-culting our own copy of Xlib stuff. (v2)
      Remove flow-control macros for fallbacks in the 2D driver.
      Fix "Remove flow-control macros for fallbacks in the 2D driver."
      Revert "configure: make --disable-dri work even if the server supports DRI"

Gaetan Nadon (7):
      .gitignore: use common defaults with custom section # 24239
      .gitignore: use common defaults with custom section # 24239
      Several driver modules do not have a ChangeLog target in Makefile.am #23814
      INSTALL, NEWS, README or AUTHORS files are missing/incorrect #24206
      INSTALL, NEWS, README or AUTHORS files are missing/incorrect #24206
      Makefile.am: add ChangeLog and INSTALL on MAINTAINERCLEANFILES
      video-intel: remove i2c_vid.h from src/Makefile.am

Jesse Barnes (2):
      DRI2 compat build fix: it's drawable->pScreen not drawable->screen
      Increase stride limit for IGDNG

Kristian Høgsberg (1):
      Use new drmGetDeviceNameFromFd() for mapping to drm device name

Rémi Cardona (5):
      configure: check for libdrm and libpciaccess earlier
      configure: group system header checks at the top
      configure: make --disable-dri work even if the server supports DRI
      configure: use CWARNFLAGS from xorg-macros.m4
      configure: drop some more cruft

Thomas Arnhold (1):
      Fix 64-bit compiler warnings in intel_xvmc_dump_render().

Zhao Yakui (1):
      Return failure when the enum-type output property values are not found

Zhenyu Wang (1):
      i965 XvMC cleanup