[Intel-gfx] [ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.9.99.901

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Tue Dec 1 15:37:44 CET 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 15:47 +1100, Robert Lowery wrote:

> Does this removal of UMS support mean the nomodeset kernel parameter will
> no longer have any effect?

Not "no effect".  Saying 'nomodeset' will mean the kernel will not
advertise KMS support.  However, since this driver requires it, it will
not initialize, and X will not come up.

> FYI, the issues I have are on my GM965 based home theatre setup that has a
> 1080p projector attached to the DVI connector and a CRT TV over component.
> 1) The DVI connector defaults to 1280 instead of 1920 resolution

Pretty sure this is a bug in the DDC code where it tries to grab the
entire 256 bytes of EDID at once.  Which might work on some displays,
but certainly doesn't on all.

- ajax