[Intel-gfx] opengl acceleration on intel 945gm with virtual screen size > 2048

Colin Guthrie intel at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Dec 22 17:20:56 CET 2009

'Twas brillig, and Mateusz JasiƄski at 22/12/09 15:04 did gyre and gimble:
> Hello,
>
> I'm rather searching for a problem resolution. I'm running debian sid and a
> custom built linux-2.6.32 krenel with built-in drm_i915 driver for my intel
> 945gm integrated graphics controller. While everything was working correctly
> on single monitor setup with DRI, I've connected a second monitor. My setup
> was: LVDS1 1280x800 and VGA1 1024x768.

There is a hardware limitation of 2048 on 945gm's so you're outta luck
(I suffer from this too).

You want to search around for work on "Shatter" which will allow this
limitation to be worked around (I presume this is still the optimum
solution to this problem?)

I hope it will work as I quite like my little laptop and am considering
treating it to a SSD + battery upgrade!

Col