[Intel-gfx] Resume failures on Mac mini Core Duo if X is running

Tino Keitel tino.keitel+xorg at tikei.de
Wed Jan 7 22:23:05 CET 2009

Hi,

I had resume failures after suspend to RAM in some cases. I used rc
kernels a lot, so I thought that this is the culprit. But now I use
2.6.28 and still had resume failures in some cases. I tested version
2.4.3 and 2.5.1., also without drm modules loaded.

If I stop the X server, I have no resume failure after more than 200
suspend cycles.  With X running (just a simple display manager), the
failures occur after 10-50 suspend cycles.

This happens on a Mac mini Core Duo with i945GM graphics. I had no
failures for a long time now on my laptop, a ThinkPad X61s with i965,
with the same versions of Xorg and the Intel driver.

Any hints what I could try to debug or solve this?

Regards,
Tino