[Intel-gfx] Which Driver?

Jin, Gordon gordon.jin at intel.com
Mon Jul 13 05:08:22 CEST 2009

Harold Fuchs wrote on Monday, July 13, 2009 3:00 AM:
> On 10/07/09 03:23, Jin, Gordon wrote:

[...]
> Gordon,
>
> Thank you for your reply. I upgraded to Ubuntu 9.04 (kernel
> 2.6.28-13) and can now *sometimes* get a picture on my HDMI TV. When
> I do get a picture, the laptop's screen is distorted or more than
> fills the screen. If I unplud the HDMI cable the laptop's screen
> stays distorted and, therefore, rather difficult to manage because
> menus etc. are off the screen. I have not been able to find a
> reproducible procedure for displaying anything on the TV. I have
> *never* been able to get sound. Any sound I do get only comes out of
> the laptop's speakers.

As I said the HDMI audio driver support is in 2.6.30 kernel, and the kernel shipped in Ubuntu9.04 is too old.

> I'm a bit puzzled about your reference to Ubuntu 9.10 because it
> seems that isn't due till October (see, for example
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/02/22/ubuntu_karmic_koala/) ???

You can try some early release (Alpha2 or something like that), which should be much closer than upstream code than 9.04. And I expect it has better support for HDMI. But if you still meet problem, please file a bug according to http://intellinuxgraphics.org/how_to_report_bug.html.

Gordon