[Intel-gfx] xvmc-vld branch

David Amiel david at lesamiel.fr
Tue Mar 31 10:09:13 CEST 2009

Le Mer 25 mars 2009 10:39, Zou, Nanhai a écrit :
> Hi,
>          I have set up an xvmc-vld branch on git.
>      This branch will enable xmvc-vld extension on G45 and GM45 boxes.
>      Compare to previous MC only XVMC support, this will save much more
> CPU time.
>          To test it with mplayer, you need to first patch your mplayer
> with mplayer xvmc vld patch.
> Please test and comment.

Do you plan to adapt this work to XV (maybe through UXA ?), or at least
throught VDAPU ?
As a linux maintener I'm concerned by the ease of integration of new
features in distros.

Actually everything graphic works fine in configuring xorg to use XV with
a fallback to X11.
It will be a mess if we have to deal for different models of different
vendors : just for intel cards : if it's a G45 or G45M, use XVMC, else use
XV.

Video hardware acceleration is a great and long awaited feature, but it
could be better if its integration is as transparent as possible ;)

regards,

David