[Intel-gfx] [RFC] DRI2 swapbuffers (yes yet again)

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Fri May 1 23:19:29 CEST 2009

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 18:02:59 -0700
Jesse Barnes <jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 15:09:33 -0700
> Jesse Barnes <jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org> wrote:
> > I'm still working through mutlihead issues on the kernel side; the
> > flip waits should wait for *both* vblank events before completing
> > the flip.  But other than that, I'm pretty happy with things.
>
> This incremental set fixes up the multihead handling and adds swap
> interval support as a bonus.  It's nice to see flipping & no tearing
> on two heads at once!

Here's an update that makes all the code generic.  Jakob suggested that
we do the mode_set_base call out of the caller's context so we don't
block the caller waiting for the GTT domain transition (effectively
waiting until rendering finishes).  I definitely want to do this, but
I'll have to add a way to communicate the necessary flip data from the
ioctl to the new work function.