[Intel-gfx] New Samsung driver for backlight control.

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Tue Sep 8 18:05:03 CEST 2009

On Aug 31, 09 10:54:29 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> > Is there a way to make the brightness more finer controlled using this
> > interface?
> Not that I know of, sorry, it looks like the hardware is only allowing
> this to be changed in 8 levels of increments.  Windows should work this
> same way, right?

AFAIR at one point you deliberately decided to expose only 8 levels to
the user - while the hardware was capable of more levels (I think it was
something about some user land tool expecting something like that).
But I may be utterly wrong.

I'd love to have more fine grained control on my NC10 as well.

Thanks for the work so far

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __