[Intel-gfx] Separate X-Screen feature - dual monitoring

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Sep 21 10:03:24 CEST 2009

Dear Pradeep,

Am Montag, den 21.09.2009, 10:32 +0900 schrieb Pradeep Reddy:

[…]

> I would like to know the possibility to manage two separate X-screens
> with the above configuration.  I had seen an article from
> http://intellinuxgraphics.org/dualhead.html , demonstrates extended
> desktop. But i am looking for separate X-screens, like two
> separate menus, separate panels on each screen. Please provide me some
> information.

If I understand your problem correctly, the solution is not related to
the driver.

I know you can from a console start a second X session using something
like the following command. (Not sure if that is entirely correct.)

	$ startx -- :1 -config /path/to/xorg.conf/with/other/monitor

You should also be able to configure your system to start two login
screen at start up. You should search the WWW for that, i. e. “gdm two
login screen”.

If you have further questions you should contact the xorg list or your
distribution support channels.

Thanks,

Paul