[Intel-gfx] Corruption on changing resolution

Stefano Avallone stavallo at unina.it
Fri Sep 25 10:20:11 CEST 2009

Hi,

I experience a screen corruption (as shown in the attached snapshot) as soon
as I change resolution on my GM965 laptop with "xrandr --output LVDS1 --mode
1024x768" (the original resolution is 1280x800). Also, if I type something in
yakuake, it is not immediately visible, but only if I retract and reopen
yakuake.

If I return to the original resolution (xrandr --output LVDS1 --auto) or I
send the output to a VGA monitor (xrandr --output VGA1 --mode 1024x768),
everything works fine again.

This corruption seems to only appear when using compositing effects (I use KDE
4.3.1).

This corruption happens both with current packages in Debian unstable (intel
2.8.1, xserver 1.6.3.901, mesa 7.5.1) and with the recent git master.

Does anyone experience the same issues? Shall I open a bug on fd.o? If you
need more info, please tell me what to do.

Regards,
Stefano