[Intel-gfx] Latest Xorg driver for Fedora 11 - res not correct on GM4500MHD

Kaya Saman SamanKaya at netscape.net
Tue Sep 29 14:09:07 CEST 2009

> That also looks correct.  It's not a high resolution panel, so things
> will be necessarily fairly large, but I get the impression it's been
> different.  Note that the way global DPI (and the resultant font/UI
> scaling) is handled has changed, it's now independent of the display
> hardware so that may have affected the size of fonts and screen
> elements.  You could try changing that, although all too many things
> expect it to be set at 96, so it's probably best to go along with that
> and change the size of your fonts.
>
> The latest KMS DRM, and DDX driver versions restore the ability to
> select other (standard) display resolutions which is clearly not
> available with the versions you are using, that said, it appears to be
> using the native panel resolution, as it has to in order to get an image
> to appear on the hardware (all other resolutions go through the scaler).

Hi Steven,

I tied sending you the screenshot comparison between both Fedora and
Ubuntu yesterday but unfortunately the mail bounced as it seems your
SMTP server didn't accept it. They best illustrate the problem as the
shrinking of standard screen area is more then evident!

With Ubuntu I was put in the direction of a later driver version for
Xorg, is there something similar to that in Fedora which I could grab
from yum like with Ubuntu as it was a repo where I could just apt-get it???

Many thanks,

Kaya