[Intel-gfx] Problem with configuring xorg to be static

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabrbedd at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 16:28:13 CEST 2010

Hi Andrzej,

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010, Andrzej BaƄczak wrote:

> I have a problem with My xorg.conf. For couple days I am trying to configure

Have you tried removing the xorg.conf alltogether.  These
days, the X server is pretty good at auto-configuring itself
and most distros ship without it.

> it to work without monitor. I have Ubuntu Server 10.04 and I need to install
> Gnome on it, and work via vnc. When I have plugged monitor to station and

If you plan to ssh in to the box and start a vnc server,
then there's no need to have X start up automatically.

Even with I terminal server (graphical login), IIRC you
won't be using the hardware's display.  You still have to
start a virtual display.  So starting an X server using your
video card is more or less a waste of resources.

-gabriel