[Intel-gfx] KDE effects not working on 2.12.0

Raúl Sánchez Siles rasasi78 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 00:12:55 CEST 2010

  Hello:

  I've been using KDE4 desktop effects without much trouble till the day I
upgraded to 2.12 series. I had used different xserver/mesa and drm versions,
but I just can't enable them on the current stack I am, and which will
probably be quite close to what Debian Squeeze will release(I'm on Debian sid
right now). This is:

  · linux 2.6.35.3 (most remarkable exeception Debian Squeeze stack)
  · Xserver 1.7.7
  · drm 2.4.21
  · intel xorg driver 2.12.0
  · Mesa 7.8.2

  00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960
Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

  All the information I got when I tried to enable KWin desktop effects is that
composition is not available, but I can't figure out why it detects so. I
wonder whether this is a problem on the application or anywhere else. Of
course, hints are appreciated.

  Now I'm attaching all the information I could get that I think may be
interesting. Please just ask if you need some more.

  Regards,
--
     Raúl Sánchez Siles
----->Proud Debian user<-----