[Intel-gfx] pipe control notify removed?

Zhenyu Wang zhenyuw at linux.intel.com
Wed Dec 15 04:14:53 CET 2010

Chris, just notice you removed pipe control notify entirely on -next,
that seems wrong to me. In Ironlake time, we've seen interrupt stall issue
with user interrupt, and be warned user interrupt is deprecated, so we moved
on to use pipe control notify, although there's a workaround later covered
that's required on Ironlake. But it's stable finally. And for sandybridge,
there's no such workaround needed.

btw, could you also send mails for changes on -next? It'll be easy to be
notified.

--
Open Source Technology Center, Intel ltd.

$gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 4D781827