[Intel-gfx] drm/i915: unconditionally unlock panel regs

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Wed Dec 15 14:31:32 CET 2010

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 23:15:28 +0100, Jan-Hendrik Zab <jan at jhz.name> wrote:
> My Vaio VPCZ1 works with your patch in addition to the eDP VBT patch
> (or rather the revert reverted). It does not work without the eDP VBT
> patch.
>
> The above is true for drm-intel-next and drm-intel-fixes.

This kills the hope of a quick fix for .37. Hopefully, Jesse will find a
way to make all eDP laptops behave; I believe he is just waiting for a
couple of more test machines.

How many of these troublesome machines use SSC and so might be affected by
448f53a1ede54eb854d036abf54573281412d650 (drm/i915/bios: Reverse order of
100/120 Mhz SSC clocks)?