[Intel-gfx] Work-around wanted for laptop i3-330 1366x768 video

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 11 19:37:43 CET 2010

On 2010/02/11 09:52 (GMT-0800) Jesse Barnes composed:

> Well that's a downside of using VESA or any other non-native driver.
> It may not support all the resolutions you want.

> However, there is the "i915resolution" tool you can hack up to modify
> your VBIOS tables to give you a native resolution that the VESA driver
> can use.  But really that's quite a contortion to say "supported",
> almost as bad as running a new kernel.

"Almost"? O_O I should think the performance deficiency in generic drivers,
particularly for gfxchips that share main RAM, would make using them more bad
than running a new kernel.
--
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious
people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/