[Intel-gfx] X not starting - Output VGA disconnected message on DH55HC VGA output

dolphinling lists at dolphinling.net
Mon Jan 25 12:24:21 CET 2010

On 01/24/2010 09:57 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Supersedes what I sent earlier. I think I now have the i915 and
> agp_intel built into the kernel. This still doesn't use the
> i915.modeset=0 option and I still do not have a login prompt. The
> login screen is black.

You have the framebuffer console set as a module. Is that being loaded?

(To find out if it is, boot the system up, ssh in and `lsmod | grep fbcon`. If
it's not, (sudo) modprobe fbcon to load it. To make sure it gets loaded at every
boot, the gentoo way is to add fbcon on its own line to the file
/etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 .)

--
dolphinling
<http://dolphinling.net/>