[Intel-gfx] Add Arrandale integrated graphic card support in FC11

Kenneth Graunke kenneth at whitecape.org
Fri Jan 29 03:19:01 CET 2010

On Thursday 28 January 2010 03:33:54 Kung Chun wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>  I am trying to run FC11 on my laptop with the Arrandale integrated
> graphic card, however, it seems the built-in driver has not supported
> the device yet.
>  So Is there any patches I can use to patch the source of
> xorg-drv-intel-2.7.0 to add this device support?
>
>  Any suggestions are welcome!
>
>  P.S: The kernel is 2.6.29.4 and the xorg-server is 1.6.1.
>
> Best regards,
> K7C

Why not run Fedora 12?  It's been out a while, and the 2.7.0 driver and 2.6.29
kernel are both nearly a year old now.  Unless there's some reason you really
need to backport things, I would suggest upgrading to xf86-video-intel 2.10.0
and kernel 2.6.32.  Mesa 7.7 is probably a good idea as well if you want 3D
support.

I haven't tested it personally, since I don't yet have Arrandale hardware, but
brand new hardware usually necessitates very up to date software.  I know the
latest releases are supposed to support it.  Good luck!

--Kenneth