[Intel-gfx] [i845G] No X (no usable screens)(no modesetting driver found)

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 1 00:51:31 CET 2010

On 2010/02/28 18:36 (GMT-0500) dolphinling composed:

http://fm.no-ip.com/tmp/Linux/Mdv/config-2.6.33-desktop-1mnb

> I'm running 845G with kernel 2.6.33, xorg-server 1.7.5, and xorg-video-intel
> from git as of a few weeks ago, and while there are a few bugs, mostly things work.

> For reference, I have
> CONFIG_AGP=m
> CONFIG_AGP_INTEL=m
> CONFIG_DRM=m
> CONFIG_DRM_I915=m
> CONFIG_DRM_I915_KMS=y
> CONFIG_VIDEO_OUTPUT_CONTROL=m
> CONFIG_FB=m

Of those listed above that I found, all are either y or m.

> ..and various other options those autoselect, but everything else visible under
> the Device Drivers -> Graphics support menu is set to n.

I only use what Mandriva builds for public consumption, so don't know what's
in its config menu. Your answer however leads me to believe my problem more
likely Mandriva configuration related rather than generic. Thanks!
--
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious
people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/