[Intel-gfx] [Mesa3d-dev] i965 OpenGL is heavily broken again

Kenneth Graunke kenneth at whitecape.org
Sat Mar 6 20:10:50 CET 2010

On Saturday 06 March 2010 06:40:27 Maxim Levitsky wrote:
> > Well, I now have a working setup with mesa
> > ebbc73d1aed283c9bc4aa2b37bed4374bbaec5b5
> >
> > The problem is that I hoped that once all heavy work in regard to KMS
> > was done, there will be no serious regressions in 3D stack, but only bug
> > fixes, because it is very hard to track and fix bugs there.
> >
> > However, once again 3D stack is in bad shape, and this is not good.

Well...you -are- running drivers from git.  Breakage happens as a normal part
of development...it's just sort of unavoidable sometimes.   But that's why
we're helping testing it, right?

> More testing shows the following behaviour:
>
> Full screen mode is completely busted. As soon as any 3D application
> switches to full screen mode, even without changing the resolution, it
> hangs (note that I didn't see GPU hangs due to that)

That's weird...fullscreen 3D is working fine for me.  I'm running xserver
1.7.5, xf86-video-intel master, mesa master, libdrm master, dri2proto master,
and the for-linus kernel.

> Compiz is broken (its also a full screen app...). As soon as it starts,
> it draws few windows, and then stalls.

Compositing in KWin seems broken for me, but it at least doesn't stall...I'll
try and track that one down.

Good luck.

--Kenneth