[Intel-gfx] i915GM 2D+3D intel driver regression

Marc Deop i Argemí damnshock at gmail.com
Thu May 6 10:47:29 CEST 2010

On Wednesday May 5 2010 19:17:51 Sergio Monteiro Basto wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 15:59 +0200, Marc Deop i Argemí wrote:
> > On Wednesday May 5 2010 03:31:51 Sergio Monteiro Basto wrote:
> > > If you use intel-drv shipped on distros, should have problems , do you
> > > use ubuntu ?
> >
> > Intel-drv? Don't have such a package... I should have problems? :S
>
> xorg-x11-drv-intel > n require kernel > n and libdrm > n .

What does that "n" mean? I don't understand that sentence.

> > I'm happily running Archlinux
>
> happily ?

Yeah, happily. I love this distro :D

> So maybe is yours fault , because 945GM works since early drives without
> problems.

It does work. However, not fine performancewise. And I am not the only one to
say that...

> Update only Xserver , the most probably that things stop work , after
> that you should recompile all drives (including xorg-x11-drv-intel)  ,
> see if xorg-x11-drv-intel requires a new libdrm and if libdrm requires a
> new mesa etc . If so before compile Xserver , you should compile libdrm
> and after that mesa.
> So the order should be:
> 1st kernel
> 2nd libdrm
> 3 mesa.
> 4 Xserver
> 5 all drives.

I've done all that as my distro packages are not that updated yet. I even got
the source from git. The problemes were still there...

> Top-posting is to read only the top of the posting ,

I'm affraid you are mistaken. Top-posting is to write with the "replied" text
below

> If you know the
> message , is more efficient . that looking for the answers in meddle of
> the text.

I'll give you that.

However, I tend to get dozens (sometimes hundreds) of emails per day: I
usually *don't* know the message ;)

Damnshock