[Intel-gfx] Picture quality on laptop LCD with i915GM chipset.

SD sd.domrep at yahoo.com
Sun May 16 21:57:15 CEST 2010

--- On Sun, 5/16/10, Florian Mickler <florian at mickler.org> wrote:

> From: Florian Mickler <florian at mickler.org>
> Subject: Re: [Intel-gfx] Picture quality on laptop LCD with i915GM chipset.
> To: "SD" <sd.domrep at yahoo.com>
> Cc: intel-gfx at lists.freedesktop.org
> Date: Sunday, May 16, 2010, 8:22 PM
> On Fri, 14 May 2010 16:17:56 -0700
> (PDT)
> SD <sd.domrep at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Dear All.
>
> > Problem is - Picture on my laptop LCD is not suitable
> for eyes. I can't explain exactly why, but it looks like it
> is not smooth, it is rough, after some time (one hour or
> two) it starts to hurt eyes. Some time I think it is not
> stable and it is blinking. I do not use anti-aliasing, all
> my fonts are clear without shadows and it is very noticeable
> that something different, they are not look solid or stable,
> like it on OpenSuse 11.1. And it is not just fonts, anything
> on screen looks different.
> >
> > Thanks for comments.
> >

> Hi!
>
> I'm sorry if this is maybe too basic. But are you aware of
> screen
> resolutions and the fact, that if the graphics-card drives
> your
> lcd-screen at a different-then-optimal resolution some
> monitors do
> interpolation of pixels to ''multiplex'' them to the
> monitor-resolution.
>
> This can be easily detected by looking at the
> /var/log/Xorg.0.log in
> both the good and the bad case. (or by looking at the
> output of
> 'xrandr').
>
> Cheers,
> Flo

I took digital pictures of my screen. So left side is Fedora 13, right - OpenSuse11.1
Xrandr gives me the same output, except for something which is different of xrandr version.

So please take a look at the pictures of my screen (part of it).
It is clearly - something is different, but:
"Subpixel:   horizontal rgb"  -  in both OS.

Thanks.