[Intel-gfx] Memory leak in drm/i915?

Jason Detring jason.detring at navico.com
Mon Nov 8 16:27:49 CET 2010

> Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2010 2:06 PM
>
> Looks like an ordinary userspace bo leak. Now you want to start
> instrumenting textures and making sure they are all accounted for.
Equally
> the bug may be in mesa leaking references.

As a followup on this issue,

Texture tracking looks good so far on our end.  Tests ongoing...

It looks like the leak disappears when reverting to Mesa 7.5.2, so
perhaps there was a texture or object handling bug introduced after this
point which remained obscured until recently.  Unfortunately, I've been
assigned elsewhere limiting my time to chase down the cause, but this
might be a good starting point for the next person wanting to
investigate.

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,
Jason