[Intel-gfx] Glamor update

Zhigang Gong zhigang.gong at linux.intel.com
Fri Nov 11 09:42:32 CET 2011

Hi folks,

During the last discussion about glamor’s plan in this list, we got a
conclusion that to extract glamor from xorg and

build a separate glamor library to be used by any possible DDX driver. And
Eric suggested I can incrementally

merge glamor into Intel video driver. Now here is the update.

The separate glamor library is at :
git://people.freedesktop.org/~gongzg/glamor,it provides two interfaces:

1.       glamor : Rendering library. All the rendering functions are
implemented in this package.

2.       glamor-egl : EGL support library. This package provides functions
to create and initialize OpenGL/EGL context.

There are a little bit more details to introduce glamor in the README file.

The Intel video driver to merge glamor is at
git://people.freedesktop.org/~gongzg/xf86-video-intel’s “glamor” branch.

I just started the merging stage. Only finished 3 patches to enable glamor
in UXA code path. Currently, only migrate

fillspans and polyfillrect to glamor. Will continue to migrate the rest
functions.

I will submit the patches to intel-gfx mail list soon.