[Intel-gfx] Dear Intel: please document SDVO LVDS option block

4ernov 4ernov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 19:56:12 CET 2011

2011/11/28 Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com>

> On 11/28/11 12:28 PM, Keith Packard wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 10:53:11 -0400, Adam Jackson<ajax at redhat.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> On Wed, 2011-10-19 at 10:28 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
>>>
>>>  I assume the SDVO LVDS options block in the VBT would tell us what bits

>>> Just re-raising this.  I suspect we can't support SDVO LVDS correctly
>>> without knowing more here.  In particular:
>>>
>>> - what "panel type" means in struct bdb_sdvo_lvds_options
>>>

>> Which of the four panels in the SDVO info is actually connected.
>>

> Thank you for this!  Let's see if we can figure the rest of this out.
>
> 4ernov, can you build a kernel with the following patch added:
>
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/**archives/intel-gfx/2011-**
> November/013662.html<http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/intel-gfx/2011-November/013662.html>
>
> and boot with drm.debug=0x4, and attach dmesg from running it?  Also,
> describe your configuration more exactly; it's clear from older emails from
> you that you have two SDVO LVDS, but are they the same resolution?

Thanks, Keith and Adam.

Yes, I hope I'll have the result tomorrow. Adam, according to the patch the
information you want is an output from SDVO_CMD_GET_LVDS_PANEL_INFORMATION.
If it's right I can post it tomorrow morning as I've already printed it
after you suggested me this command. I should also say that
SDVO_CMD_SET_LVDS_PANEL_INFORMATION is also work: I sent a byte to force
24-bit LVDS mode and it was set properly.

As of configuration: yes, there're two monitors with the same resolution,
800x600 at 60Hz, connected via 24-bit LVDS (AFAIK SPWG format) to i945GME
chipset through Chrontel SDVO converters. As I said before, unfortunately,
current BIOS doesn't support OpRegion so it seems there's no access to VBT.