[Intel-gfx] Dear Intel: please document SDVO LVDS option block

4ernov 4ernov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 10:30:55 CET 2011

2011/11/28 4ernov <4ernov at gmail.com>

> 2011/11/28 Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com>
>
>> On 11/28/11 12:28 PM, Keith Packard wrote:

>>> Which of the four panels in the SDVO info is actually connected.
>>>

>> Thank you for this!  Let's see if we can figure the rest of this out.
>>
>> 4ernov, can you build a kernel with the following patch added:
>>
>> http://lists.freedesktop.org/**archives/intel-gfx/2011-**
>> November/013662.html<http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/intel-gfx/2011-November/013662.html>
>>
>> and boot with drm.debug=0x4, and attach dmesg from running it?  Also,
>> describe your configuration more exactly; it's clear from older emails from
>> you that you have two SDVO LVDS, but are they the same resolution?
>>

> Thanks, Keith and Adam.
>
> Yes, I hope I'll have the result tomorrow. Adam, according to the patch
> the information you want is an output from
> SDVO_CMD_GET_LVDS_PANEL_INFORMATION. If it's right I can post it tomorrow
> morning as I've already printed it after you suggested me this command. I
> should also say that SDVO_CMD_SET_LVDS_PANEL_INFORMATION is also work: I
> sent a byte to force 24-bit LVDS mode and it was set properly.
>
> As of configuration: yes, there're two monitors with the same resolution,
> 800x600 at 60Hz, connected via 24-bit LVDS (AFAIK SPWG format) to i945GME
> chipset through Chrontel SDVO converters. As I said before,
> unfortunately, current BIOS doesn't support OpRegion so it seems there's no
> access to VBT.
>

>> - ajax

Hello,
syslog of patched kernel (it was 2.6.36) is attached, it's so long, I think
it's not good to paste it to the letter.

Unfortunately, the command in patch isn't executed, it seems to return
earlier, but as I said, I've got the results of
SDVO_CMD_GET_LVDS_PANEL_INFORMATION which I gathered before. They are:
0x01 for SDVO_B
0x00 for SDVO_C
After I set 24-bit mode bit the value for SDVO_C become 0x01, too.