[Intel-gfx] Older GPUs and Source Engine

play3man play3man at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 17:15:14 CET 2012

Hello.

Like a linux user and one of many beta testers of Steam for Linux. I
have Intel GPU, Intel GMA 4500M. This GPU doesn't support OpenGL 3.0>
(GLSL 1.3>) which is needed for Source Engine games in Linux. With my
GPU I can play Team Fortress 2 just fine in Windows (directx). But in
Linux a still gettin' black screen.

This problem have many people:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/221410/discussions/6/846939071071956036/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/221410/discussions/6/846939071318790826/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/221410/discussions/6/846939071179947391/

My tiny opinion is - Real problem is in Source Engine, but i get this
answer from Valve
http://steamcommunity.com/app/221410/discussions/1/882965118606133134/?tscn=1355530489#c846939854098355972

So, only chance how to run TF2 on older intel GPUs is You. I will be
glad when I get answer from you, thanks!