[Intel-gfx] Sandy Bridge Desktop - 1920x1080i interlace not working

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Tue Jan 17 22:38:36 CET 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 10:32:33PM +0100, Angela Schmid wrote:
> Hello
>
> Thanks for helping. I added the dmesg with drm.debug=0x0e below.
> I tried last month with get-edid in DOS, with the same unhappy result, see below for actual linux.
>
> >Could you try with the following two patches which just came to this list this week?
> >http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.freedesktop.xorg.drivers.intel/8006
>
> I have this version from xorg-edgers
> xserver-xorg-video-intel/oneiric uptodate 2:2.17.0+git20120115.8652bf7a-0ubuntu0sarvatt~oneiric
> Is it included ?
>
> I cannot find the repository to look for the log:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel/tree/
> Is this link correct ? where is src/drivers ?
>
> http://intellinuxgraphics.org/download.html
> Need to look for "1) X.org 2D driver", correct ?

dmesg indicates the same issue (not suprising given that it's the same
TV).

You need to compile a new kernel, the output handling part of the graphics
driver is there. Best is to try the latest drm-intel-fixes tree available
at:

https://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/keithp/linux.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/drm-intel-fixes

Yours, Daniel
Mail: daniel at ffwll.ch