[Intel-gfx] VAAPI (master or ext) no deinterlacing with Clarkdale GPU

Christoph Evers mail at christoph-evers.de
Tue Jan 31 14:25:42 CET 2012

Atechsystem <Atechsystem <at> freenet.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I’ve written an email to Haihao Xiang regarding the “no deinterlacing” bug on
Clarkdale a week ago and he answered today. He will check this issue. I’ll hope
he can fix it. Will the extended vaapi-ext deinterlacers (temporal or spatial I
guess) also be available on Clarkdale platform? I tried the extended DXVA
hardware deinterlacing on Windows today and it worked fine on my CoreI3
Clarkdale Laptop CPU J

> Best regards
> Atech

Hi Atech,

same problem over here. I am on vaapi-ext and latest xbmc. I can select Bob and
Bob (inverted) as deinterlacers in xbmc. With MPEG2 material deinterlacing
doesn't work at all. With H.264 video it seems to deinterlace, but video is
stuttering and I have lots of frame drops.

Hardware: Core i3 530
Software: Ubuntu 11.11 x86 minimal with latest xorg stuff (edgers:ppa) and
vaapi-ext branch for libva and intel-vaapi

Regards,
Christoph / Flachzange