[Intel-gfx] Output problems with displayport-hdmi kable on arrandale based hp elitebook 2540p

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 19:39:00 CEST 2012

Hi,

I recently bought a HP Elitebook 2540p, which is arrandale based and
features a displayport connector (VGA as well).
Because quality over VGA is quite bad with my Asus VW266H monitor
(1920x1200; vga, hdmi, dvi) I bought a displayport<-->hdmi cable so I
could use the digital output.

However, although RANDR seems to report something when connected (in
xfce's display dialog I get "LGD 12'' (internal)" and "HDMI 2", the
monitor always reports "HDMI no signal".

Any idea howto diagnose this problem further?
I am running Fedora 16 + latest updates (Linux 3.4, intel git).

Thank you in advance, Clemens