[Intel-gfx] [RFC] drm/i915: read current config at init time to avoid flicker

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Mar 2 07:30:28 CET 2012

<#part sign=pgpmime>
On Thu, 1 Mar 2012 16:52:43 -0800, Jesse Barnes <jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org> wrote:

> Yeah we shouldn't do that.  That's why I'd like to allocate a bo, copy
> the contents, and have a real fb associated with each active crtc.
> That should avoid any problems with scanning out unmapped memory.

It's a bit tricky as we have to do this across GTT initialization. It
should be possible to duplicate the existing GTT mapping for the frame
buffer up high in GTT space, reset the frame buffer base to that, then
initialize the rest of the GTT, map the new frame buffer and then clean
up the GTT after the fbdev mode set. Ick.

keith.packard at intel.com