[Intel-gfx] ValleyView patches

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Thu Mar 29 11:06:56 CEST 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 01:39:20PM -0700, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> Updated patchset addressing comments.  I dropped some:
>   - display reg offset (we're going to fix this up differently)
>   - cache handling (not needed)
> along with the ones Daniel has already queued.
>
> Hopefully these ones look ok to people and we can get them queued up as
> well.

Ok, I've picked up quite a few of these here. Three patches (the one I've
sent out to the m-l) are slightly changed, just to increase the chance we
don't break bisect. I've complained here or on irc about a few others. I
also haven't picked up most of the output handling changes - I think we
should wait until you have access to real hw again and until we have a
clearer picture how we're gonna solve the mmio_base problem. I obviously
also left out the device id binding patch.

For further merging I'd like to have basic vlv working before applying the
dev id binding patch. Now the mmio_base disaster is a bit big, so would
concentrating on just one output (intel_hdmi.c looks the most mmio_base
clean already) help?

This way we'd only need to wrestle with getting core i9xx modesetting
stuff mmio_base aware. I'd then merge the dev id binding patch right after
we have support for this. Tackling the mess in intel_crt.c and intel_dp.c
(and the panel stuff like the PP_ regs) would then happen in a second
step.

My issue here is that atm we have 2 new platforms to merge at the same
time, so I'd like to get basic vlv working asap. We have intel_display.c
to clean up after merging hsw and vlv, after all ...

If you prefer a different plan, ideas highly welcome.

Cheers, Daniel
Mail: daniel at ffwll.ch
Mobile: +41 (0)79 365 57 48