[Intel-gfx] slow x11 after upgrade

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Fri Apr 12 16:19:55 CEST 2013

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 04:13:47PM +0200, j j wrote:
> Thanks for concrete answer. I rebuilt my xf86-video-intel driver with
> glamor, SNA and UXA support enabled but unfortunately it did not help. My
> "815 E"
> chipset still works slow. I think it is because glamor, SNA and UXA does not
> support my chipset, right ?

Right, the modern drivers are dependent upon having KMS and GEM in the
kernel. In comparison, supporting a gen1 backend in the DDX is trivial.

> If so, is it going to be supported in the future or this chipset is just to
> old.

There's no incentive in Intel for supporting 81x, but both Daniel and
myself have muttered that we should jfdi. As I have no 81x hw, you are
welcome to do the KMS port...

To reiterate, you need to downgrade Xorg (xorg-xserver) to restore XAA
support for your chipset.