[Intel-gfx] [RFC] drm/i915: Non-upstream ChromeOS patches from 3.8

Ausmus, James james.ausmus at intel.com
Fri Aug 16 19:25:50 CEST 2013

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 1:15 AM, Jani Nikula <jani.nikula at linux.intel.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Aug 2013, Daniel Vetter <daniel at ffwll.ch> wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 05:30:25PM -0700, james.ausmus at intel.com wrote:
> >> Hello All-
> >>
> >> I'm trying to determine if the ChromeOS-only patches being carried by
> >> Google still make sense and are the right way to do things in the 3.11+
> >> world, and Jesse asked me to forward the patches to the list for
evaluation
> >> and potential upstreaming.
> >
> > I've quickly read through the pile here and there's a few things we
> > need to look at.
>
> Ditto, and agreed.
>
> > But one thing which makes assessing the patches here a bit a pain is
> > that often there's a fixup later on again.
>
> Another pain is that sometimes the fixup is first, i.e. the series does
> not seem to be in the right order.

One of the issues is that it's not truly a series, but rather individual
patches
dating back through 2011 - I thought I had gotten git-send-email to push
them
out in chronological order, but maybe I was less successful than I thought.
:)

I'll see what I can do in regards to squishing some of these down - I have
fairly
limited knowledge when it comes to the i915 driver, so it may not end up
perfect, but I'll give it a go. :)

Thanks!

-James