[Intel-gfx] More questions and patches for 835GM/ns2501 DVO

Thomas Richter thor at math.tu-berlin.de
Wed Nov 6 20:27:55 CET 2013

On 06.11.2013 11:34, Daniel Vetter wrote:
>>   }
>
> To clarify: Do you need this patch to make the single-pipe mode work
> reliably? It's a bit unclear in your answer ...

Well, from what I can tell, I haven't seen the above warning since, but
it was neither easily reproducable. "Working reliable" is probably a bit
too much. (-; No, the vertical position of the boot console is off,
panning flickers, and the two-monitor case is close to non-working. But
other than that, it works now regardless of whether the bios is set to
internal or shared monitors.

So I would guess it works as good as it currently can. (-:

The harddisk of the R31 (the other laptop with the same dreadful
chipset) died today, so I fished a "new old one" from our pile of junk,
and re-installed Linux. It currently compiles the latest git, so please
have some patience with a 1.2Ghz Celeron. Will be ready tomorrow,
hopefully with more results for the "anti-flicker" patch.

Anyhow. This patch is currently *only* tested for the linear framebuffer
alignment, and most certainly not "right". I believe its some sort of
memory alignment issue, and I need to dig a bit deeper what exactly
happens there.

Greetings,
	Thomas