[Intel-gfx] More questions and patches for 835GM/ns2501 DVO

Thomas Richter thor at math.tu-berlin.de
Fri Nov 15 19:59:30 CET 2013

On 15.11.2013 18:33, Daniel Vetter wrote:

>> To clarify: Do you need this patch to make the single-pipe mode work
>> reliably? It's a bit unclear in your answer ...
>
> To clarify my clarification question: Do you need the above quoted patch
> to make the cursor work better on your system?

Well, at least it avoided one kernel warning. Or rather, I haven't seen
it since. But otherwise, the cursor works fine. I don't have any
problems with the cursor whatsoever, it always appears.

> This is not about a WARN or
> the flicker or dual pipe (last time I've asked you kinda went on a
> tangent). I'm asking again since this patch for the cursor code is
> currently blocked from merging because I couldn't get a clear "this is
> needed, yes" from you.

It's hard to say whether it is needed, unfortunately. The kernel warning
is not so easy to provoke, and there is no clear way to reproduce it.
All I can say is that I haven't seen it since, and the patch has surely
not made anything worse, so I would say go for it and include it.

Greetings,
	Thomas