[Intel-gfx] [Alsa-user] intel-hda: sound via HDMI only when using interlaced modes

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Wed Oct 9 13:01:08 CEST 2013

On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 12:44:10PM +0200, Jasper Smet wrote:
> Sorry,
>
> Intel NUC NUC Kit DC3217BY (Ivy bridge HD4000) Connected via HDMI to
> my Pioneer VSX-928 which is then connected to my Panasonic tv
>
> Running latest stable Openelec build (3.2.2). (tried different builds
> using stable/unstable drivers)

That's really old ... Can you please test on something more modern? We
made tons of fixes to the hdmi infoframe code.

> Here are some logs i pulled while i was debugging the issue with one
> of the OpenElec developers.
>
> xbmc log (shows ALSA enumeration): http://sprunge.us/YJHc
> alsa playback devices: http://sprunge.us/KZKX
> xrandr modes: http://sprunge.us/DhFK
> dmesg: http://sprunge.us/XRGP

When you have a new kernel please boot with drm.debug=0xe added to your
kernel cmdline and then grab the dmesg. Otherwise all the useful gfx debug
noise isn't in there.
-Daniel
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
+41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch