[Intel-gfx] i810 forgets configured rows & columns on ttys on startx shutdown

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Tue Oct 29 09:51:45 CET 2013

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 9:37 AM, Felix Miata <mrmazda at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Pre-KMS it used to be that common vga= modes were useless, so I took to
> using 0x121 to escape from 80x25 screens. Using 0x8121 required specifying
> an appropriate font via config file. Even after KMS began, vga=0x8121
> continued to work, and still does at least through kernel 3.4.47.

This is still pre-kms, there's no kms driver for i810 chipsets. So
whatever bug there is might be just bad luck or the userspace X driver
not restoring stuff correctly. But I'm pretty sure it's not a kernel
bug, at least no in the i810 driver.
-Daniel
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
+41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch