[Intel-gfx] Need expert help overriding malloc/free to solve incompatiblity problem of components built w/ different version of GCC.

Farrell, Robert L robert.l.farrell at intel.com
Fri Sep 6 14:26:14 CEST 2013

In VPG HW we are looking to improve our validation coverage by calling fulsim DLL (reference model) from VCS (Verilog simulator).
Synopsis only support a specific version of GCC (4.2.2 I think) for their VCS product.
Fulsim is using C++11 and requires GCC 4.6+.
I can get both version of libc/libstd loaded, but the 2 different version of malloc & free conflict and cause memory corruption problems.
I can find articles on the web about overriding malloc/free in GCC, but I can not figure out how to extend this to the 2 library case that I have.
Ideally, I would have the malloc/free calls from one of the libs calling the malloc/free of the other one, so that only one set of functions is used.
I am hoping to find someone knowledgeable in GCC that can help me with this. This is currently a showstopper to productization of the solution.
I am open to other solutions to this problem.

BoB