[Intel-gfx] Code Testing for i915_irq.c

nick xerofoify at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 09:59:07 PST 2015

Greetings Daniel and others,
I am wondering if the code below has been tested on actual hardware:
        if (!HAS_PCH_NOP(dev) && master_ctl & GEN8_DE_PCH_IRQ) {
                /*
                * FIXME(BDW): Assume for now that the new interrupt handling
                * scheme also closed the SDE interrupt handling race we've seen
                * on older pch-split platforms. But this needs testing.
                */
               u32 pch_iir = I915_READ(SDEIIR);
               if (pch_iir) {
                       I915_WRITE(SDEIIR, pch_iir);
                        ret = IRQ_HANDLED;
                        cpt_irq_handler(dev, pch_iir);
               } else
                         DRM_ERROR("The master control interrupt lied (SDE)!\n");

        }
If this code has been tested on actual hardware is there any breakages that need
fixing? In addition if this hasn't been tested this is just a friendly reminder
to do so :).
Thanks,
Nick