[Intel-gfx] (no subject)

Dave Gordon david.s.gordon at intel.com
Thu Jun 18 03:30:58 PDT 2015

On 17/06/15 12:04, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 09:25:36PM +0100, Dave Gordon wrote:
>> Updated version split into two. The first tidies up the _ring_prepare()
>> functions and removes the corner case where we might have had to wait
>> twice; the second is a temporary workaround to solve a kernel OOPS that
>> can occur if logical_ring_begin is called while the ringbuffer is not
>> mapped because there's no current request.
>>
>> The latter will be superseded by the Anti-OLR patch series currently
>> in review. But this helps with GuC submission, which is better than
>> the execlist path at exposing the problematic case :(
>
> Maintainer broken record: Lack of changelog makes it hard to figure out
> what changed and which patches are the latest version. Even more so when
> trying to catch up from vacation ...
> -Daniel

Oops, that wasn't ready to go to the mailing list, that was just
supposed to go to myself so I could test whether the changes I'd made to
my git-format-patch and git-send-email settings worked! Hence lack of
subject line :(

And the settings obviously /weren't/ right; apart from it going to the
list, it didn't have the proper "Organisation" header, which was the
thing I was trying to update, as well as setting up proper definitions
so I could write "git send-email --identity=external --to=myself ..."

I think I got them all sorted out before sending the GuC submission
sequence though :)

.Dave.