[Intel-gfx] Adding custom bugzilla fields

Ander Conselvan De Oliveira conselvan2 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 08:28:39 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I've been looking into creating custom fields in Bugzilla to help sort
our bugs in a more manageable way. I did some testing in a private
installation and came up with this proposal. In a nut shell, we would
add the following two fields:

	i915 platform:	list of platforms affected by a bug;
	i915 features:  list of features affected by a bug.

Both would be multiple selection fields. The accepted values would be
configured in the Bugzilla installation. The attached screenshots show
how this would look like in the bug view and bug list views.

My expectation is that using those fields we could have a clearer view
of which areas and/or platforms require more attention. For example, I
attached a screenshot of a sample report breaking down the bugs per
feature and platform. That report requires Bugzilla 5.0 (which hasn't
been released yet) since prior versions didn't support reports with
multiple selection fields. However, it is also possible to script a
similar report, as the attached python script does. The output looks
something like this:

Feature                ALL  ILK  SNB  BYT  IVB  HSW  BDW  BSW  SKL
display - atomic         0    0    1    0    0    0    1    0    0
display - audio          0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
display - DP             0    0    1    0    1    0    1    0    0
display - DP MST         0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
display - DSI            0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
display - eDP            0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
display - fastboot       0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
display - FBC            0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
display - HDMI           0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
display - IPS            0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
display - LVDS           0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
display - PSR            0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
display - Other          0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
GEM - execlists          0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
GEM - PPGTT              0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
GEM - Other              1    0    0    0    0    0    1    0    0
power - RC6              0    0    0    1    0    0    0    0    0
power - RCS              0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
power - Other            0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0

So I would like to hear what other people think about this. Specially,
about what should be in the features field. The values can change
overtime, but would be good to have a good list from the start. The
values above are an incomplete list I threw together while looking at
different open bugs.

Thanks,
Ander