[Intel-gfx] Adding custom bugzilla fields

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Fri Jun 26 10:05:20 PDT 2015

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 06:28:39PM +0300, Ander Conselvan De Oliveira wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been looking into creating custom fields in Bugzilla to help sort
> our bugs in a more manageable way. I did some testing in a private
> installation and came up with this proposal. In a nut shell, we would
> add the following two fields:
>
> 	i915 platform:	list of platforms affected by a bug;
> 	i915 features:  list of features affected by a bug.
>
> Both would be multiple selection fields. The accepted values would be
> configured in the Bugzilla installation. The attached screenshots show
> how this would look like in the bug view and bug list views.
>
> My expectation is that using those fields we could have a clearer view
> of which areas and/or platforms require more attention. For example, I
> attached a screenshot of a sample report breaking down the bugs per
> feature and platform. That report requires Bugzilla 5.0 (which hasn't
> been released yet) since prior versions didn't support reports with
> multiple selection fields. However, it is also possible to script a
> similar report, as the attached python script does. The output looks
> something like this:
>
> Feature                ALL  ILK  SNB  BYT  IVB  HSW  BDW  BSW  SKL
> display - atomic         0    0    1    0    0    0    1    0    0
> display - audio          0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
> display - DP             0    0    1    0    1    0    1    0    0
> display - DP MST         0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
> display - DSI            0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
> display - eDP            0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
> display - fastboot       0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0

Fastboot is very soonish no more (Maarten has patches to move it all into
normal modeset code). I'd drop it.

The other missing bit is all the plane stuff, color manager and similar.
Otoh this is new, so not clear yet what kind of bugs will be common. Imo
better to wait and then maybe add more categories.

> display - FBC            0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
> display - HDMI           0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
> display - IPS            0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
> display - LVDS           0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
> display - PSR            0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
> display - Other          0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
> GEM - execlists          0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
> GEM - PPGTT              0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
> GEM - Other              1    0    0    0    0    0    1    0    0

GEM - gpu hang

blows up all the time. And we need a bucket to catch all the userspace
hangs which are reported against the kernel.

> power - RC6              0    0    0    1    0    0    0    0    0
> power - RCS              0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0

RPS is turbo stuff, and it's tightly coupled with rc6. Maybe instead just

power - GT

for all the GT related power saving features?

I'd also add

power - runtime PM

and

power - suspend/resume

here. Tons of stuff blows up here.

> power - Other            0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
>

> So I would like to hear what other people think about this. Specially,
> about what should be in the features field. The values can change
> overtime, but would be good to have a good list from the start. The
> values above are an incomplete list I threw together while looking at
> different open bugs.

Maybe we need a bit more polish, but probably not worth it to spend too
much time on the exact feature list. If we spot serious gaps we can always
add more. And remove old ones which have gone out of favour (having that
script handy somewhere would be good).
-Daniel

> Thanks,
> Ander

> import bugzilla
> import collections
>
> bugzilla_url = "http://192.168.100.244/bugzilla/xmlrpc.cgi"
>
> closed_states = ['RESOLVED', 'VERIFIED', 'CLOSED']
> open_states = ["REOPENED", "NEEDINFO", "NEW", "ASSIGNED"]
>
> def get_custom_fields_allowed_values(bz):
> 	fields = ['cf_i915_platform', 'cf_i915_features']
> 	r =  bz._proxy.Bug.fields({'names': fields,
> 				   'include_fields': ['values']})
>
> 	list_of_raw_values = [f['values'] for f in r['fields']]
> 	values = [[v['name'] for v in f] for f in list_of_raw_values]
>
> 	assert len(values) == len(fields)
> 	return dict(zip(fields, values))
>
> def get_drm_intel_bugs(bz):
> 	query = bz.build_query(product="DRI", component="DRM/Intel",
> 			       status=open_states)
> 	return bz.query(query)
>
> def split_bugs_per_field(bz, bugs, field):
> 	split = collections.OrderedDict()
>
> 	allowed_values = get_custom_fields_allowed_values(bz)
> 	for v in allowed_values[field]:
> 		split[v] = []
>
> 	for bug in bugs:
> 		if field in bug.__dict__:
> 			for value in bug.__dict__[field]:
> 				split[value].append(bug)
>
> 	return split
>
> def intersect_lists(list1, list2):
> 	return [v for v in list1 if v in list2]
>
> def stringfy_list(l, spacing=5):
> 	return ''.join([s.rjust(spacing) for s in map(str, l)])
>
> if __name__ == "__main__":
> 	bz = bugzilla.Bugzilla(url=bugzilla_url)
>
> 	bugs = get_drm_intel_bugs(bz)
>
> 	per_platform = split_bugs_per_field(bz, bugs, 'cf_i915_platform')
> 	per_feature = split_bugs_per_field(bz, bugs, 'cf_i915_features')
>
> 	print "Feature".ljust(20), stringfy_list(per_platform)
>
> 	for feature in per_feature:
> 		common_count = []
> 		for platform in per_platform:
> 			common = intersect_lists(per_feature[feature],
> 						 per_platform[platform])
> 			common_count.append(len(common))
>
> 		print feature.ljust(20), stringfy_list(common_count)

Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
http://blog.ffwll.ch