[Intel-gfx] Adding custom bugzilla fields

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Mon Jun 29 09:31:16 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 02:31:22PM +0300, Ander Conselvan De Oliveira wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-06-26 at 18:28 +0300, Ander Conselvan De Oliveira wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've been looking into creating custom fields in Bugzilla to help sort
> > our bugs in a more manageable way.
>
> [...]
>
> > So I would like to hear what other people think about this. Specially,
> > about what should be in the features field. The values can change
> > overtime, but would be good to have a good list from the start.
>
> So here's the list after including Daniel's and Ville's feedback. If
> there's no more suggestions/objections, I'd like to create those fields
> already tomorrow. We can edit the list entries afterwards if needed.
>
> i915 platform:
>
> ALL
> SKL
> BXT
> BDW
> BSW/CHT
> HSW
> IVB
> BYT
> SNB
> ILK
> I965G
> I965GM
> G45
> GM45
> PNV
> G33
> I945G
> I945GM
> I915G
> I915GM
> I865G
> I85X
> I845G
> I830

I think we can condense the older platforms down a lot, maybe even just
GEN2, GEN3, GEN4. Or at least group desktop and mobile together, i.e.

I8XX, I915, I945, G33/PNV, I965, G4X (we put both under that tag usually).

I'd also vote to not split up platforms which are just tailored chips for
specific markets, e.g. chv/bsw is pretty much the same thing really from
the driver pov.
-Daniel

> i915 features:
>
> display - atomic