[Intel-gfx] Adding custom bugzilla fields

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Mon Jun 29 13:11:06 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 06:31:16PM +0200, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> I think we can condense the older platforms down a lot, maybe even just
> GEN2, GEN3, GEN4. Or at least group desktop and mobile together, i.e.
>
> I8XX, I915, I945, G33/PNV, I965, G4X (we put both under that tag usually).

I would actually vote for the opposite. We often find bugs that are GT
specific in modern chips, and each of the early gen have different
features sets and their own quirks.

So I would say split it by PCI ID, with human readable strings, both
codename (inc. target feature set, GT + ULT/ULX/Halo etc) and market name
(though given that 50% is just HD Graphics, very meh).

So long as can intelligently group based on the PCI ID, I think it will
be of benefit long term.