[Intel-gfx] Adding custom bugzilla fields

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Tue Jun 30 03:05:58 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 09:11:06PM +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 06:31:16PM +0200, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> > I think we can condense the older platforms down a lot, maybe even just
> > GEN2, GEN3, GEN4. Or at least group desktop and mobile together, i.e.
> >
> > I8XX, I915, I945, G33/PNV, I965, G4X (we put both under that tag usually).
>
> I would actually vote for the opposite. We often find bugs that are GT
> specific in modern chips, and each of the early gen have different
> features sets and their own quirks.
>
> So I would say split it by PCI ID, with human readable strings, both
> codename (inc. target feature set, GT + ULT/ULX/Halo etc) and market name
> (though given that 50% is just HD Graphics, very meh).
>
> So long as can intelligently group based on the PCI ID, I think it will
> be of benefit long term.

Seems like that'll result in massive lists. And we can always denote
special-cases in the summary of the bug. Also maintaining all that
information accurately will be a pain and for many bugs it's not needed,
hence why I think a bit more coarseness would be good.
-Daniel
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
http://blog.ffwll.ch