[Intel-gfx] Reviving the LPSS PWM patches

Kumar, Shobhit shobhit.kumar at linux.intel.com
Tue Apr 5 06:33:44 UTC 2016

Hi

On Thursday 31 March 2016 03:57 PM, Lluís Batlle i Rossell wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I saw that you did some work for LPSS PWM:
> https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/intel-gfx/2016-January/085006.html

Apart from above apply the following as well -
https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/70965/

This is just a Hack for quick testing. Try increasing the retry count if
you get pwm device not found error. Will have to work on a proper patch
as suggested by Daniel earlier. Had a working version which I need to send.

> I cannot find a tree where the patches can be applied and the kernel links
> properly. I tried two:
> 5ba001783ba6451fd3db0259d30549ca1fe91870
> 1df59b8497f47495e873c23abd6d3d290c730505
>
> But in both I get an error in the final linking:
> ERROR: "pwm_add_table" [drivers/pwm/pwm-lpss-platform.ko] undefined!

I just applied all of them on latest drm-intel-nightly with no problem
and compiled with

CONFIG_PWM_LPSS=y
CONFIG_PWM_LPSS_PLATFORM=y

> Is there any chance you can submit again the patches to a recent
> tree? Or only tell over what tree those patches apply.
>
> I have a LPSS PWM i915 hardware where I would test them.

Thanks for testing as I do not have a LPSS PWM based device.

Regards
Shobhit