[Intel-gfx] Reviving the LPSS PWM patches

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viric at viric.name
Tue Apr 5 10:39:31 UTC 2016

On Tue, Apr 05, 2016 at 12:03:44PM +0530, Kumar, Shobhit wrote:
> On Thursday 31 March 2016 03:57 PM, Lluís Batlle i Rossell wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I saw that you did some work for LPSS PWM:
> >https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/intel-gfx/2016-January/085006.html
> >

> Apart from above apply the following as well -
> https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/70965/
>
> This is just a Hack for quick testing. Try increasing the retry count if you
> get pwm device not found error. Will have to work on a proper patch as
> suggested by Daniel earlier. Had a working version which I need to send.

Definitely I was quite blind in my initial attempts at applying the
patches, and gave me the idea that they did not apply in any recent tree.
I've checked that they apply and build over the released 4.5, so I will go
testing that, maybe today. I will report.

I just did not use drm-intel-next because I also need another set of
patches for a device unrelated to Intel, and these did not apply cleanly
to drm-intel-next; I guess that released 4.5 will do.

Thank you.

--
(Escriu-me xifrat si saps PGP / Write ciphered if you know PGP)
PGP key D4831A8A - https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/